These guidelines recommend that Australians aged 18-64 should:
- do any physical activity, as it’s better than doing none. If you currently do no physical activity, start by doing some, and gradually build up to the recommended amount
- be active on most, preferably all, days of the week
- each week:
- accumulate 150-300 minutes (2½-5 hours) of moderate intensity physical activity (ie, you can talk but not sing), OR
- 75-150 minutes (1¼-2½ hours) of vigorous intensity physical activity, OR
- an equivalent combination of both moderate and vigorous activities
- do muscle-strengthening activities at least two days every week.